- 1 beef brisket (about 1,8kg), trimmed
- ¾ tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Finely chopped parsley
- Season 1 beef brisket (about 1,8kg), trimmed, with ¾ tsp each salt and pepper; add to a large slow-cooker bowl along with 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes and 3 cloves garlic, crushed.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours or until very tender.
- About 25 minutes before meat is ready, on a large rimmed baking tray, toss 1 medium red onion, sliced, and 1 medium yellow onion, sliced, with 1 tbsp olive oil and ¼ tsp salt.
- Roast at 220°C for 20 minutes or until browned. Top brisket with roasted onions and finely chopped parsley.
- EACH SERVING: About 1 260kJ, 35g protein, 9g carbohydrate, 14g fat (4g saturated), 2g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter