- 2 large oranges, washed
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 225g almonds, coarsely ground
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- butter and flour for greasing cake tin
1. In a large pot of water, boil the oranges for about one hour until they are soft.
2. Allow oranges to cool, then remove pips and purée (including the skin).
3. Preheat oven to 175°C.
4. In a bowl, mix the orange purée with the eggs, almonds, caster sugar and baking powder.
5. Pour into a buttered and floured 22cm springform cake tin.
6. Bake for about one hour.
7. Watch the top of the cake. If it seem s to be browning too much, cover with tinfoil.
8. Serve with crème fraîche or, as a pudding, with caramelised orange, if you like.