- 2 medium oranges
- 4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (340g)
- 2 large carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 large yellow pepper, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- 3 tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 4 tsp canola oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almonds, very finely chopped
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (110g each)
- Place a 40cm by 25cm baking tray on oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Cut peel and white pith from oranges; discard. Cut oranges into segments; transfer to large bowl with their juice. Add cabbage, carrots, yellow pepper, chives, vinegar, 1 teaspoon oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss well; let coleslaw stand.
- Spread flour on medium plate; spread almonds on another plate. In pie plate, beat egg white until foamy.
- Sprinkle cumin, chilli and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper over chicken. Press 1 side of 1 piece chicken in flour; shake off excess. Dip same side in egg white, then press into nuts. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Remove hot pan from oven; brush with remaining oil. Add chicken, nut-side down; roast on lowest rack for 10 to 12 minutes or until it just loses its pink colour. Serve with coleslaw.
Each Serving About 1 470kJ, 30g protein, 28g carbohydrate, 15g total fat (2g saturated), 7g fibre, 63mg cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter