- ½ butternut, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, 570g (2cm thick)
- 1 small red onion (110g to 170g), sliced
- 2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butternut and ¼ cup water. Cover with clingwrap, pierced, and microwave on high for 8 minutes or until tender, stirring once halfway through. Stir in bulgur, 1½ cups water and ¼ teaspoon salt. Microwave uncovered on high for 12 to 15 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed and bulgur is tender, stirring once halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat oil on medium-high. Sprinkle thyme and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper all over pork chops. Add to frying pan and cook for 3 minutes per side or until evenly browned.
- Scatter onion around pork and cook for 4 minutes or until just translucent but not soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in mustard, jam and remaining water. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce becomes thick, stirring occasionally.
- Divide bulgur mixture among plates. Top with pork and sauce.
Each serving About 1 770kJ, 46g protein, 16g total fat (5g saturated), 4g fi bre,121mg cholesterol, 20g carbohydrate.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter