- 50g basil, including stalks
- 150g char-grilled artichokes in oil (reserve oil)
- 50g walnut halves
- 50g Parmesan cheese or vegetarian alternative, coarsely grated, plus extra to serve
- about 600g spinach
- ricotta ravioli or tortellini
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Reserve a few basil leaves to use as garnish. Put remaining into a food processor (stalks and all) with artichokes, about 4 tbsp oil (made up of reserved artichoke oil and olive oil, if needed), most of the walnuts, Parmesan and seasoning. Whizz to a chunky, pesto-like consistency.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and cook pasta according to instructions on the label.
- When ready, drain pasta, reserving a cupful of cooking water. Put pesto into empty pot and return to a low heat, adding enough water to loosen. Add cooked pasta and toss gently to coat. Divide among 4 bowls; top with remaining walnuts, basil leaves and Parmesan.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter