- 600g asparagus, trimmed
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- small knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the asparagus spears in a pot of boiling salted water until they are tender with a slight crunch (3 to 4 minutes max). Carefully remove them from the pot and drain well. Place in a serving dish and keep warm.
- Melt the butter and add the garlic, ginger and lemon zest and juice. Season to taste. Stir for 2 minutes until the ginger and garlic are cooked.
- Pour over the asparagus and serve.