- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 800ml chicken stock, made with hot water
- 4 very ripe avocados
- 1 to 2 tsp lemon juice, to taste
- 100g low-fat plain yoghurt
- Tabasco, optional
- salt and black pepper
- 40g shop-bought cooked
- crispy bacon, chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato salsa
1. Put shallots in a blender and pour over the hot stock. Leave to sit uncovered for 20 minutes (to soften the shallots) or until cool.
2. Halve the avocados, discard the stones and scoop the flesh into the blender. Add the lemon juice, yoghurt, a few dashes of Tabasco (if using) and plenty of seasoning. Whizz until smooth. Check the seasoning, transfer to a jug, cover and chill. (Or carry on if you want your soup served at room temperature.)
3. Divide among four bowls and top with the crispy bacon, salsa and some freshly ground black pepper. Serve with tortilla chips, if you like.
EACH SERVING 1 470kJ, 33g fat (7g saturated), 7g carbohydrate (5g total sugars), 7g protein, 5g fibre.