- 1 sheet (250g) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyère cheese
- 4 rashers cooked bacon
- 3 large eggs
- Fresh thyme leaves, for garnish
This sunny-side-up ‘pizza’ is an egg-cellent idea for brunch … or a weekday morning munch:
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- On a large sheet of baking paper, roll pastry to a 30cm by 25cm rectangle. Fold 1cm of edges to form a rim; using a fork, seal rim and poke holes all over pastry. Place pastry on a baking tray; bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and Gruyère. Spread onto tart, creating 3 wells for eggs. Arrange bacon rashers over topping. Crack eggs into wells; sprinkle with 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake until egg whites are set but yolks are still runny (about 12 minutes). Garnish with thyme.
EACH SERVING: About 1 300kJ, 12g protein, 15g carbohydrate, 22g fat (8g saturated), 1g fibre, 425mg sodium.