- 3 slices chopped bacon
- 1 sliced shallot
- 1 tsp peeled, chopped fresh ginger
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 cups peas
- 500ml chicken stock
- In a large pot on medium heat, cook 3 slices chopped bacon until crisp, stirring. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
- Drain all but 1 tbsp fat from the pot and add 1 sliced shallot, 1 tsp peeled, chopped fresh ginger, ⅛ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Cook for a minute, stirring.
- Add 3 cups peas and 500ml chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Purée in a blender until smooth. Garnish with bacon.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter