- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- salt and pepper
- 120g cream cheese (any flavour; herb and sweetchilli versions are good options)
- 3 to 4 fresh or pickled jalapeño peppers, deseeded and diced
- 150g Cheddar cheese, grated (for robust flavour, use mature Cheddar)
- 8 to 10 rashers bacon (enough to fully wrap the chicken breasts)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lay the chicken breasts out on a chopping board or clean work surface and pound them flat with a meat mallet (or similar blunt object).
- Season both sides of the flat chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a quarter of the cream cheese down the middle of each flattened chicken fillet, add the diced jalapeños and sprinkle the Cheddar cheese on top.
- Roll up the chicken breast with the filling tight inside. Wrap the chicken in enough bacon to cover the outside of it and place in a greased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until cooked, but be careful not to let it overcook and dry out.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter