- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 8 Turkish apricots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 1 small chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 to 2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 4 pork sausages, casings removed
- 4 petit poussin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 16 to 20 rashers streaky bacon
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Heat the butter in a frying pan, then add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring, then add the apricots and cranberries, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander, apple, chilli and sesame oil. Remove from the heat and cool before mixing in the pork sausages.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 4 portions and stuff the chickens.
- Season the chickens with salt, pepper and cumin. Wrap each chicken in bacon and tuck 2 sprigs of rosemary under the bacon on each chicken. Place the chickens in the fridge until you are ready to roast them.
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place the chickens on an oven tray and roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter