- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
1 onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
350g risotto rice
1,3 litres chicken stock
300g skinless smoked haddock, diced
250g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof pot (which has a tight-fitting lid) over a medium heat. Fry onion for 5 minutes or until beginning to soften, then add the garlic and risotto rice, and fry for 2 minutes or until the rice begins to turn translucent.
- Pour in the hot stock, stirring well. Cover pot with lid and cook in the oven for 25 minutes or until the rice is just tender and the stock has been absorbed. Carefully remove pot from the oven and stir through the haddock and peas. Re-cover with lid and return to oven for 8 minutes or until the fish is flaking.
- Check the consistency – add a little more stock if it’s too thick. Sprinkle over the chives and check the seasoning. Drizzle over some extra olive oil, if you like, and serve immediately.
EACH SERVING 1 955kJ, 5g fat (1g saturated), 86g carbohydrate (4g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter