- 250g frozen green beans
- 11⁄3 cups whole-wheat couscous
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves (450g)
- 2 pears, each unpeeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup organic liquid chicken stock
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp cornflour
1. Prepare green beans and couscous according to instructions on labels.
2. Meanwhile, in a 30cm frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium until hot. Add chicken and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part is pierced with tip of knife, turning over once. Transfer chicken to plate.
3. In the same frying pan, in remaining 1 teaspoon oil, cook pear wedges for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned and tender.
4. In a cup, mix stock, vinegar and cornflour; add to frying pan with pears. Heat to boiling on medium-high. Boil for 1 minute. Return chicken and any juice on plate to frying pan; heat through.
EACH SERVING About 1 890kJ, 36g protein, 61g carbohydrate, 7g total fat (1g saturated), 10g fibre, 66mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium.