- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh origanum leaves, finely chopped
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, cut into 0,5cm-thick slices
- 1 small red onion (110g to
- 170g), thinly sliced
- 450g pork fillet
- salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
- 450g strawberries
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 140g baby spinach
- 85g blackberries
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons vinegar, 1 tablespoon oil, 2 teaspoons mustard and origanum. Add fennel, tossing until well coated. Arrange on outer edges of a 45cm by 30cm baking tray. To same bowl, add onion, tossing until well coated. Arrange onion in centre of tray. Add pork to same bowl and toss until coated; place on top of onion.
- Sprinkle vegetables and pork with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickest part of meat is 60°C. Stand for 5 minutes.
- While pork roasts, hull and slice strawberries. Finely chop basil and place in large bowl.
- In bowl with basil, whisk together remaining 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar,1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon mustard and ⅛ teaspoon salt until well combined. Add fennel, onion, spinach and strawberries to bowl, tossing until well mixed.
- Divide strawberry mixture among four serving plates. Top with blackberries and thinly sliced pork.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter