- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 medium chicken (about 1,6kg)
- 440ml can beer
- Take the shelves out of your oven, line the bottom with foil and preheat to 190°C.
- In a small bowl, stir together the paprika, herbs, oil and plenty of seasoning. Rub the mixture all over the outside of the chicken.
- Open the beer and pour half into a glass (to enjoy while you cook!). Put the half-filled can upright in the centre of a large, sturdy roasting tin, then sit the chicken, cavity-side down, on top of it. (The can should fill the cavity and the chicken should be upright.)
- Slowly slide the roasting tin into the oven and roast for 11⁄2 hours or until golden and cooked through.
- Carefully remove chicken from the oven, cover lightly with foil and leave to rest on the can for 30 minutes.
- Carefully pull the chicken off the can. Serve with cabbage salad.
- EACH SERVING 1 780kJ, 25g fat (5g saturated), 0g carbohydrate (0g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter