- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium chicken (about 1,6kg)
- 440ml can beer
1. Take the shelves out of your oven, line the bottom with foil and preheat to 190°C.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the paprika, herbs, oil and plenty of seasoning. Rub the mixture all over the outside of the chicken.
3. Open the beer and pour half into a glass (to enjoy while you cook!). Put the half-filled can upright in the centre of a large, sturdy roasting tin, then sit the chicken, cavity-side down, on top of it. (The can should fill the cavity and the chicken should be upright.)
4. Slowly slide the roasting tin into the oven and roast for 11⁄2 hours or until golden and cooked through.
5. Carefully remove chicken from the oven, cover lightly with foil and leave to rest on the can for 30 minutes.
6. Carefully pull the chicken off the can. Serve with cabbage salad.
EACH SERVING 1 780kJ, 25g fat (5g saturated), 0g carbohydrate (0g total sugars).
Q: Have you ever tried this recipe? Tell us how it turned put?