- 2 red onions, each cut into eight wedges
- 2 medium beetroot (about 300g), peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 200g bulgar wheat
- 350ml beef or chicken stock
- 200g frozen peas
- juice of 1 lemon
- 100g feta, crumbled
- large handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 100g spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Put the onion and beetroot wedges on a baking tray, add the oil, then season well and gently toss together. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, toast the bulgar wheat in a mediumsized pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes. Carefully pour in the stock. (It will bubble a lot.) Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the peas and continue cooking for 3 minutes. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly, then fork through the mixture to loosen and fluff it up.
- Stir in the lemon juice, feta, mint and spinach leaves. Check the seasoning.
- Divide the bulgar mixture among four serving plates. Top each with some the roasted vegetables and drizzle over some extra oil, if you like.
EACH SERVING About 1 562kJ, 11g fat (4g saturated), 56g carbohydrate (12g total sugars).
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter