- 4 beetroot, thoroughly washed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30ml balsamic vinegar 15ml olive oil
- 5ml sugar
- 125ml basil pesto 30ml balsamic vinegar
- 100g pistachio nuts,
- finely chopped
- 150g herbed goat’s cheese 30ml reduced balsamic dressing
- microherbs, to garnish
- Cook the beetroot in water for 20 minutes until almost cooked. Place on a large sheet of foil with the garlic. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, sprinkle with sugar and make a parcel, covering the ingredients with the foil.
- Roast for about 15 minutes in an oven preheated to 180°C. Remove from foil, cool down completely and peel. Chill.
- Cut into very thin slices using a mandolin or very sharp knife, and place on a large serving platter. Mix the pesto and balsamic vinegar and drizzle over the beetroot.
- Place the chopped nuts on a large plate or chopping board. Scoop out half teaspoonfuls of the herbed goat’s cheese, shape into balls and roll in the crushed nuts until completely covered.
- Place on top of the beetroot carpaccio, drizzle with reduced balsamic vinegar and garnish with microherbs.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter