- 4 medium portobello mushroom caps (or similar)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 140g baby kale
- 230g precooked beetroot, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, thinly sliced
- 2 sheets matzo, crushed into bite-sized pieces
- Portobellos, thinly sliced
- On a large rimmed baking tray, spray 4 medium portobello mushroom caps (or similar) with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with ½ tsp salt; roast at 230°C for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk ¼ cup lemon juice; 3 tbsp olive oil; 1 small shallot, finely chopped; and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper; toss half with 140g baby kale and 230g precooked beetroot, chopped.
- Divide among serving plates.
- Top with 2 ripe avocados, thinly sliced; 2 sheets matzo, crushed into bite-sized pieces; and portobellos, thinly sliced.
- Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
- EACH SERVING: About 1 550kJ, 7g protein, 32g carbohydrate, 26g fat (4g saturated), 11g fibre.
What makes this dinner so heart-healthy?
- Whole (not processed) ingredients
- Tons of antioxidant- and fibre-filled vegetables
- Unsaturated fats from avocado and olive oil
- Limited saturated fat
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter