- 4 small- to medium-sized raw beetroots large handful of rocket
- 2 large oranges, peeled and cut into segments (reserve any juice)
- olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
FOR THE PINE-NUT ‘HUMMUS’
- 100g packet of pine nuts
- 1 baby marrow (ends discarded), roughly chopped
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Put pine nuts in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Next, while wearing gloves to prevent your hands from staining, peel the beetroots and slice into 5mm rounds. Arrange in a single layer on kitchen paper.
- Drain the pine nuts and empty into a food processor with the remaining ‘hummus’ ingredients and some seasoning, if using. Whizz to combine.
- To serve, arrange the beetroot slices on a large platter or board. Pipe or spoon a dollop of ‘hummus’ onto each slice. Scatter over the rocket and orange segments. Drizzle over some of the reserved orange juice and the oil, if using.
EACH SERVING About 980kJ, 6g protein, 17g fat (2g saturated), 11g carbohydrate (11g total sugars), 4g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter