- 2 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 1 whole chicken, spatchcocked/butterflied
- 1⁄2 tsp each
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 40g Peppadews
- 100ml coconut cream
- 20g fresh coriander, chopped, plus coriander leaves for garnishing
- Whisk the Cajun spice, oil, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Rub the mix on the chicken, place it in a plastic bag and let it marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Place it over a medium fire and braai for 30 to 40 minutes, turning the chicken constantly. Make sure that you get the grill marks without burning the chicken.
- Cut into 8 pieces and serve on a bed of baby rocket leaves.
- Place the Peppadews and coconut cream in a small pot.
- Bring to the boil over a high heat and reduce by half.
- Remove from heat, add the coriander and blend until smooth.
- Serve on the side with the chicken.
- Garnish chicken with fresh coriander.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter