- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 leg of lamb (about 2kg to 2,5kg), deboned
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
Recipe Directions1. Preheat oven to 180°C. 2. Using your hands, rub the lemon juice all over the lamb. 3. Pat the garlic and thyme evenly all over the surface of the lamb. 4. Season the lamb with the salt and pepper, then place the lamb in a roasting pan. 5. Put the lamb in the oven and roast it for 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 160°C and continue to cook for about 1 hour 30 minutes (or longer for medium). 6. Remove lamb from the pan and allow it to rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter