- 75g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- ½ tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium egg
- 150g cake flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g milk chocolate, cut into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper. Put butter and sugar into a medium bowl and beat until pale and fluffy. Next, stir in syrup, vanilla and egg, followed by flour, bicarbonate of soda and chocolate chunks.
- Take small teaspoonfuls of the mixture, shape into balls and put on the prepared baking sheets, spacing a little apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until lightly golden. Leave to sit on the tray for 5 minutes.
- Serve the biscuits warm or at room temperature, sitting on top of shots of ice-cold milk.
PER BISCUIT (without milk) 294kJ, 3g fat (2g saturated),10g carbohydrate (6g total sugars).
GET AHEAD Make biscuits up to a day ahead. Store in an airtight container.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter