- 300g caster sugar
- 600ml freshly boiled water
- 600g fresh or frozen blackcurrants
- 1½tbsp liquorice powder (try www.faithful-to-nature.co.za), optional
- In a large pot over a medium heat, stir caster sugar and water until sugar dissolves. Add fruit and glucose. Simmer, stirring from time to time, for 5 minutes.
- Tip into a food processor with the liquorice powder, if using, and whizz until smooth. With a wooden spoon, press mixture through a sieve into a freezerproof tin in batches. Discard pulp.
- Freeze until solid. Remove from freezer for 30minutes to soften. Use a sharp knife to cut sorbet into smaller pieces. Whizz in two batches in a processor until smooth. Spoon back into tin; cover and freeze until solid.
- Remove from freezer. Allow to soften at room temperature for 15 minutes. Serve.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter