- 150g unsalted butter, chopped, plus extra to grease
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla-bean paste or extract
- 3 medium eggs
- 200g cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g white chocolate chips (or use finely chopped white chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper. Melt the butter and 200g chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water. (Make sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.) Lift bowl off the pot and set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat in sugar, vanilla and eggs until combined. Sift over flour and baking powder, then fold through most of the chocolate chips.
- Scrape into the tin, level and scatter over remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until just firm. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter