- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 475g), peeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to brush
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked sweet paprika
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 425g pork fillet
- 175ml bourbon or other whisky
- 2 large ripe nectarines, pips removed and sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 70g rocket
- 250g canned or freshly cooked green lentils
Hands-on Time 30 minutes Cooking Time about 30 minutes Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Chop sweet potatoes into 1cm chunks, then scatter onto a large baking tray. Toss through the oil and some seasoning. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally, until tender and beginning to colour.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, 1 tbsp sugar, the cumin and garlic. Brush a little oil over the pork, then coat in the spice mix. Transfer pork to a baking tray and roast in the same oven as the potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through. Set aside in the tray to rest.
- In a medium pan, heat remaining sugar and bourbon over a medium heat. Once sugar has dissolved, turn up heat and bubble for 3 minutes. Add nectarine slices and simmer for a further 2 minutes. Lift out nectarines with a slotted spoon and set aside, reserving the bourbon mixture.
- Add onion and vinegar to bourbon pan. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, toss together the sweet potato, rocket, lentils, onion and dressing to taste. Serve with the sliced pork (drizzled with pan juices) and extra dressing on the side.
EACH SERVING About 2 310kJ, 33g protein, 14g fat (4g saturated), 46g carbohydrate (16g total sugars), 6g fibre.