- 12 x 30cm metal or bamboo skewers
- 1 tbsp packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne (ground red) pepper
- salt and pepper
- 450g prawns, shelled and deveined
- 3 medium peaches, cut into 2,5cm chunks
- 1 bunch spring onions, green parts trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
- lime wedges, for serving
- If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning. Prepare grill or braai for cooking on high.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Add prawns, peaches and onion; toss until evenly coated.
- Thread prawns, peaches and onion alternately onto skewers.
- Grill or braai for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and prawns just become opaque throughout, turning once. Serve with lime wedges.
Each Serving About 565kJ, 14g protein, 18g carbohydrate, 2g total fat (0g saturated), 3g fibre, 112mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter