- 16 to 20 lamb chops
- 500ml plain yoghurt
- 2 tots (6 tsp) tandoori masala or tikka masala
- 1 tot (25ml) lemon juice
- ½ tot (1 tsp) garlic, chopped
- ½ tot (1 tsp) chopped
Recipe DirectionsLamb rib chops work best for this recipe. Braai temperature hot coals (but not too hot)
- Trim excess fat off the chops, but leave some on for flavour.
- Mix the yoghurt, masala, lemon juice, garlic and ginger in a bowl. Toss the chops in the marinade, ensuring a good coating.
- Leave them to marinate for a few hours, or a day.
- Braai over hot coals (but not too hot) for about 10 to 12 minutes until that point between medium rare and medium, where lamb chops taste their best. Grind salt onto both sides of the chops while they are braaiing, then eat them hot.