- tbsp flaxseeds (optional) 5 tbsp water
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 ripe bananas)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 11⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 180°C. Combine the flaxseeds with the water. Let it sit until the seeds absorb some liquid (about 10 minutes).
- In a bowl, combine the flaxseeds, bananas, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- In a larger bowl, combine the oats, flour, coconut flakes, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt, and whisk together to incorporate. Pour in the banana mixture and add the chocolate chips, dried fruit and nuts (if using). Fold to combine using a rubber spatula.
- Scoop 1 heaped tablespoon of batter onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper and press down using the back ofaspoontoflattenslightly. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Bake until golden brown, rotating once (about 18 to 20 minutes). Transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool, and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Each Serving: Makes 16 bisciuts
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter