- 1 medium brinjal, sliced 1,2cm thick
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 30cm loaf of ciabbata or other Italian bread
- fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Toss 1 medium brinjal, sliced 1,2cm thick, with 2 tbsp each balsamic vinegar and olive oil, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper.
- Grill on medium-high for 5 to 7 minutes or until very tender, turning once.
- Cut a 30cm loaf of ciabbata or other Italian bread in half and layer brinjal, sliced tomatoes, sliced fresh mozzarella and fresh basil leaves on the bottom half. Drizzle with 2 tsp balsamic vinegar and replace top.
- Cut into 4 servings.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter