- 1¾ cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- 450g fresh or thawed frozen broccoli
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups grated Cheddar
- In a large pot, heat 1¾ cups chicken broth or stock, 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped, and ¼ tsp salt to boiling.
- Chop 450g fresh or thawed frozen broccoli; add half to pot. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
- In a blender, purée until smooth. Return to pot; add remaining broccoli, 1 cup milk and 2 cups grated Cheddar. Cook on medium for 5 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter