- 250g Brussels sprouts
- 3 rashers streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 leeks, white part only, sliced and washed
- 3 cloves peeled garlic, finely chopped
- 200g Rosa tomatoes 125ml fresh cream (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp chives, freshly snipped
- 1 tbsp butter
- shavings of Parmesan cheese
- Trim and wash Brussels sprouts and steam lightly.
- Heat a frying pan and gently cook the fat out of the bacon. Add the thyme and leeks, stirring until the leeks start to wilt. (If you can’t get any fresh thyme, you can use 1 tsp dried thyme instead.) Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and tomatoes, and cook until the tomatoes start to wrinkle.
- Stir in the cream now, if using, and cook for a minute. Add salt and pepper, and stir in the chives and butter. Spoon into a dish and top with Parmesan shavings. Yum! Serve with roast chicken, beef, pork or lamb.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter