- 1kg Brussels sprouts
- 15g butter
- 50g chorizo, skinned and cubed
- 15g flaked almonds, toasted
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the sprouts and boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small frying pan and fry the chorizo for 3 minutes or until golden.
- Drain the sprouts well and empty into a warmed serving bowl. Season, then top with the chorizo and any oil in the pan. Sprinkle over the almonds and serve immediately.
- Tip: Skin and cube the chorizo up to a day ahead. Keep covered in the fridge. Toast the almonds up to a day ahead and store at room temperature. Complete the recipe to serve.