- 2 cups rotisserie chicken meat, in bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup cayenne-pepper hot sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp chives
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with hot sauce and vinegar until well coated.
- Slice eggs and thinly slice celery; cut tomatoes into wedges or slices. Separate lettuce leaves; arrange on a large serving platter. Top with eggs, celery, tomatoes and chicken. Drizzle with dressing. Refrigerate remaining dressing for another use.
- In a blender, puree 1 cup low-fat buttermilk, 1 small ripe avocado, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 clove garlic and ¾ tsp each salt and pepper until smooth.
- Transfer to container; stir in 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill and 1 tbsp snipped chives. Makes 1⅓ cups.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter