- 1,1kg chicken wings
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 100g tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 tbsp hot chilli sauce like Tabasco
- 15g butter
- 2 tsp white-wine vinegar
- 2 tsp cornflour
FOR THE DIP
- 100ml sour cream
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chives salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 220°C.
2. Put the chicken wings in a roasting tin, drizzle over the sunflower oil and season well. Cook for 35 to 40 minutes until golden.
3. In a small pan, heat the tomato sauce, chilli sauce, butter and vinegar until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat, stir in the cornflour, then pour the mixture over the chicken and toss to coat. Return the chicken to the oven to cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce is sticky.
4. To make the dip, stir all the ingredients together in a small bowl, then season to taste. Serve the wings with the dip.
EACH SERVING (two wings and dip) 1 940kJ, 31g fat (10g saturated), 7g carbohydrate (6g total sugars).