- PREHEAT oven to 230°C.
- PUT 1 small butternut, peeled and very thinly sliced, and 2 tbsp water in a bowl; cover. Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until tender; drain.
- MEANWHILE, stack 8 sheets phyllo pastry on a baking-paper-lined baking tray, spraying olive-oil cooking spray between layers.
- MIX 1 cup mashed, cooked pumpkin, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper; spread on phyllo, leaving a 5cm border. Top with butternut, 2 tbsp melted butter and ¼ cup each torn sage leaves and chopped walnuts. Fold edges in.
- BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- SERVE with 4 cups endives tossed with 2 tbsp lemon juice and ¼ tsp salt.
EACH SERVING About 1 360kJ, 10g protein, 36g carbohydrate, 17g total fat (6g saturated), 6g fibre, 24mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter