- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1,5kg boneless beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 2,5cm chunks
- 3 medium peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tsp Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 2 cups polenta
- finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a 30cm frying pan, heat oil on medium-high. Pat beef dry with paper towels; season all over with 1/2 tsp salt. In batches, cook beef for 5 minutes or until browned on two sides.
- Transfer to slow-cooker bowl. Reduce frying-pan heat to medium.2. To same frying pan, add peppers, onion, celery and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste; cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Stir in Cajun seasoning; transfer to slow-cooker bowl. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until beef is very tender.
- One hour before ready to serve, prepare polenta according to packet instructions. Serve beef over polenta. Garnish with parsley.
- EACH SERVING About 2 320kJ, 45g protein, 45g carbohydrate, 23g fat (10g saturated), 4g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter