- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 230g smoked chorizo sausage
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 can (400g) kidney beans
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp canola oil on medium. Add 230g smoked chorizo sausage, thinly sliced, 1 large onion, chopped, 1 large green pepper, chopped, 3 cloves garlic, chopped, and 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in 4 cups cooked white rice, 1 can (400g) kidney beans, rinsed and drained, and 2 tbsp tomato paste. Cook for 2 minutes or until rice is hot.
- Sprinkle with sliced spring onions. Serve with hot sauce.
EACH SERVING About 2 100kJ, 21g protein, 68g carbohydrate, 16g fat (4g saturated), 8g fibre, 985mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter