- 4 large eggs plus 2 large egg whites
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (20cm) whole-wheat tortillas
- 4 tbsp goat’s cheese
- 100g baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill leaves, chopped
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, egg whites and ⅛ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- On a microwave-safe plate, cover the tortillas with damp paper towel. Microwave them on high for 30 seconds or until just warm and pliable.
- Spread 1 tablespoon goat’s cheese on each tortilla; top with spinach.
- In a 30cm nonstick frying pan, heat oil on medium for 1 minute. Add egg mixture. Cook for 2 minutes or until almost set, stirring gently. Remove from heat; fold in tomato, avocado and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Divide hot egg mixture among tortillas. Top with dill; fold in half.
Each Serving About 1 380kJ, 16g protein, 29g carbohydrate,16g total fat (4g saturated), 6g fibre, 191mg cholesterol.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter