- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small head cauliflower, cored and finely chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 16 anchovy fillets (about 30g), rinsed and patted dry
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 430g thin spaghetti
- ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Put water on to boil in a medium to large pot. Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- In a 30cm frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium-high. Add cauliflower and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Cook for 2 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add water and cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium and add anchovies, garlic and remaining oil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring to break up anchovies into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water in pot. Cook for 1 minute less than minimum time on instructions, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add parsley, cauliflower mixture, ½ cup of pasta cooking water and ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper to pot. Cook on medium for 1 minute or until pasta is al dente and well coated, tossing and stirring. If mixture seems dry, toss with additional cooking water.
Each serving: About 2 100kJ, 18g protein, 81g carbohydrate, 13g total fat (2g saturated), 5g fibre, 6mg cholesterol, 490mg sodium.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter