- 450g cauliflower florets
- 60g unsalted butter
- 50g cake flour
- 400ml milk
- 150g strong Cheddar, grated
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- Small bunch chives, finely chopped, to garnish
- 60g salad leaves, to serve
1. Bring a medium pot of water to the boil, add cauliflower and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until just tender. Drain well and set aside.
2. To the empty pot, add 50g of the butter. Melt over a medium heat, then stir in flour. Off heat, gradually mix in milk. Return pot to heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in 125g Cheddar, check seasoning and set aside.
3. Preheat grill to high. In a large, ovenproof frying pan over a medium hob heat, melt remaining butter and add cooked cauliflower. Pour over beaten eggs and cook for about 5 minutes until golden underneath. Put frittata under grill for 3 to 4 minutes, until egg is set.
4. Spoon over cheese sauce and sprinkle over remaining Cheddar. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes until golden and bubbling. Leave at room temperature for a few minutes. Garnish with chives, season with black pepper and serve in slices with salad leaves.
EACH SERVING: About 2 430kJ, 33g protein, 41g fat (21g saturated), 17g carbohydrate (8g total sugars), 3g fibre.