- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 limes
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 1 medium onion (170g to 230g), thinly sliced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and cut into small florets
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Prepare rice according to instructions. From limes, finely grate peel into a small bowl. Squeeze 2 tablespoons lime juice into another small bowl.
- In a large pot, heat 1/2 cup coconut milk on medium heat until bubbling. Add onion, curry powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until pot is almost dry and onion begins to soften, stirring frequently.
- Into pot with onion, whisk peanut butter, water and remaining coconut milk. Heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat to medium. Add cauliflower and chickpeas; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in reserved lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- When rice is cooked, fluff with fork; gently fold in reserved lime zest. Serve curry with rice.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter