- 2 onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 4 baby marrows
- 20 green beans, topped, tailed and cut in half
- 45ml olive oil
- 5ml chilli flakes
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1 medium cauliflower, grated or popped into a food processor
- 30ml coconut oil
- 100g baby spinach, shredded
- 800g cooked chicken, shredded
- 125ml avocado oil
- 70ml white-wine vinegar
- 30ml xylitol
- 10ml honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of ginger powder
- Cut the onions, peppers, carrots, sweet potato and baby marrows into bite-sized chunks for roasting.
- Add the green beans, toss in the olive oil, add the chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 200°C until tender; some caramelisation on the vegetables adds to the flavour.
- While the vegetables are roasting, fry the cauli-rice in the coconut oil, until just tender. Do not overcook.
- Put the cauli-rice on a serving platter.
- As the roast vegetables come out of the oven, stir in the baby spinach. It will wilt easily.
- Now plate the roast vegetables on top of the cauli-rice. Top this with shredded chicken.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients, taste and adjust seasoning according to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the dish, or serve on the side.
‘Using just a little honey here is quite okay – it’s just 2 teaspoons to impart extra flavour to a dish that can feed 6 people. Sometimes a teensy bit of something like this is perfectly acceptable in a dish, and makes all the difference.’