- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 large red peppers,cut into 1cm cubes
- 500g cavatappi
- 115g prosciutto, very thinly sliced and cut crosswise into narrow strips
- 1½ cups Manchego cheese or similar hard sheep’s cheese, grated
- Put water on to boil in a medium to large pot. Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
- ln a 30cm frying pan, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned, stirring.
- Reduce heat to medium; add peppers and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Cook for 10 minutes or until browned and tender, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water in pot. Cook for 1 minute less than minimum time on instructions, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add onion mixture and reserved cooking water. Cook on medium for 1 minute, tossing to coat. Add prosciutto, ½ cup of Manchego cheese and ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat.
- To serve, top with the remaining cheese.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter