- 500g firm-fleshed, skinned white fish
- 175ml lemon juice, from about
- 5 lemons
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- salt and black pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and
- finely chopped
- large handful fresh coriander,
- roughly chopped
- 1 punnet watercress, snipped
- extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Remove any bones in the fish, then cut into 1cm cubes. Put into a large nonmetallic bowl and add lemon juice, onion and ¼tsp salt (if using). Leave to ‘cook’ for 5 to 30 minutes (depending on whether you prefer fish more raw or ‘cooked’ through). Stir gently from time to time.
- To serve, lift fish and onions out of liquid (reserve liquid); arrange on a large platter. Dot around tomatoes, then scatter over chilli, coriander, watercress and pepper (if using). Spoon over a little reserved lemon liquid (discard remainder) and drizzle with the olive oil.
About 370kJ, 17g protein, 1g fat (0g saturated), 3g carbohydrate (3g total sugars), 1g fibre.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter