- 200g butter
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 medium eggs
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder, plus extra to serve
- 8 truffles (we used Lindt Lindor chocolate truffles)
- cream and berries, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease 8 125ml ramekins (or dariole moulds). Melt butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. (Make sure the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.) When melted, lift the bowl off the pan and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and caster sugar using a hand-held electric whisk, until light and fluffy. Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture, followed by the flour and cocoa.
- Spoon into ramekins, leaving a third of mixture aside. Press truffles into centre of each; top with remaining mixture.
- Transfer the ramekins to a baking sheet and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until just set. Serve immediately, dusted with extra cocoa and served with fresh cream and berries, if you like.
EACH SERVING About 2 060kJ, 34g fat (20g saturated), 40g carbohydrate (37g total sugars), 6g protein, 1g fibre.
GET AHEAD Up to two days ahead, make up to end of step 3 and chill until ready to cook. Complete recipe to serve.
GH ULTRA CHEAT Make up a box of brownie mix according to pack instructions. Continue with recipe from step 3 to finish.