- 350g chicken-thigh fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 500g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 750ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 300g frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 to 4 tbsp double cream, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken over a high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring until golden, then transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, add the potatoes to another pan and pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are completely tender. Remove a spoonful of the potatoes and mash to a purée, then return to the pan. Add the chicken to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the vegetables and cream. Bring back to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes, then season generously to taste. Ladle into deep bowls and serve with a fresh grinding of black pepper.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter