- half a punnet of cherry tomatoes, or you can mix them with jam tomatoes for the sweetness
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, crushed pinches of thyme, rosemary and origanum
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 225g cream cheese
- 100g pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 roll of phyllo pastry,
- pierced with a fork
- 190g pesto, either homemade or from a jar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the tomatoes, garlic, herbs, seasoning, sugar, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a roasting tray and roast for 45minutes or until the tomatoes are jammy.
3. Mix the cream cheese with the grated pecorino and set aside.
4. Parbake the phyllo pastry, then spread the pesto on it, followed by the tomato mixture and then the cream cheese and pecorino mixture.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
6. Wait until it’s cool enough not to burn the roof of your mouth before you eat it.