- 1 packet Bacon Kips
- 125g butter
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 onion
- glug of olive oil
- 400g (2 bags) spinach or Swiss chard
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 250g plain cream cheese
- 250g sour cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180° and grease a quiche or pie dish.
2. To make the crust, crush the Bacon Kips, melt the butter, and mix the melted butter and grated Parmesan with the crushed Bacon Kips. Press this mixture firmly into the dish.
3. Chop the onion and fry in olive oil for a few minutes.
4. Chop the spinach, strain it to get rid of excess water and add it to the fried onion.
5. When the spinach has wilted, add the ricotta and cream cheese as well as the sour cream. Add the eggs last and stir until well mixed.
6. Spoon this mixture onto the crust and bake for 20 minutes. Serve it warm.