FOR THE CHEESECAKE LAYER
- 200g low-fat cream cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- seeds from 1 vanilla pod (or 1 tsp vanilla-bean paste)
FOR THE BROWNIES
- 125g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 175g unsalted butter, chopped, plus extra to grease
- 300g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g cake flour
- 400g canned cherries in syrup, drained well
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease and line a 20cm square tin with baking paper. Whisk together the cheesecake-layer ingredients until smooth, then set aside.
2. To make the brownies, melt the chocolate and butter in a large pot over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Take the pot off the heat and stir in the sugar and a pinch of salt. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the flour, until well combined.
3. Slice the cherries in half and stir into the chocolate mix. Scrape into the tin and level. Spoon dollops of the cheesecake layer over and run a skewer through the mix to marble.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm. Cool completely in the tin before chilling for at least 2 hours to set. Serve in squares (either chilled or at room temperature).
EACH SERVING About 1 170kJ, 5g protein, 14g fat (8g saturated), 34g carbohydrate (30g sugars), 0,6g fi bre.
TO STORE Keep well wrapped in foil or in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.