- 1,3kg nectarines, cut into wedges
- 680g cherries, pitted (3 cups)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp brandy (optional)
- ¾ cup treacle sugar
- ¾ cup oats
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup roasted, salted almonds, chopped
- ¼ tsp freshly grated
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup cold butter or margarine, cut up
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease a large shallow ceramic baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss nectarines, cherries, sugar, cornflour, lemon juice and brandy, if using, until well mixed. Spread in an even layer in prepared dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine treacle sugar, oats, flour, almonds, nutmeg and salt. Add butter. With a pastry blender or fingertips, combine butter and dry ingredients until pea-size clumps form. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve warm.
to our Free Good Housekeeping Newsletter